Work with us
Parent to Parent is looking for:
Young Persons’ Advocacy Worker Dundee - MATERNITY COVER - start date 27th September 2021 - 20 hours Term Time Contract - £20,903 pro rata
The successful candidate will provide emotional support as well as Advocacy at meetings e.g. school and Children’s Hearings for young people with additional needs living in Dundee. The work calls for sensitivity, flexibility and good organisational skills. A background in advocacy or working with young people and a knowledge of additional needs would be an advantage. A valid driving licence and use of a car is essential.
- To build a positive relationship with the young people
- To provide a listening ear and offer supporting strategies to help them understand and manage their emotions and anxieties
- To enable the young person to voice their views/fears and to speak for them if necessary.
- To help them to identify solutions to issues that are affecting them.
- Support the young people to connect with their local community networks
- To offer appropriate support e.g. preparation for meetings
- To build links with voluntary and statutory services including the child protection team.
Closing Date: 13th August 2021
To download Job description please click here
To download Application form please click here, complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org